Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Truffles

My boss is trying to get me to buy some white truffles from Alba, each weighing 70-80g, from the estate of one of his friends. He suggested I put together a syndicate to buy at least 500g for a price of E500 for 100g. Dreaming of lavish gratings of truffle on my scrambled eggs, I was tempted but decided to compare prices on the internet. I found a site offering 10g of white Alba truffles for £20 and asked my boss if his friend could match the price. His response was that the website was run by Serbians. The obvious question was, "What is the difference between an Italian truffle and a Serbian one?" The answer came back, fast and furious, "The same as between an Italian mushroom and a Serbian one: no taste at all!!!"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm..you've lost me now. Alba truffles?

I didn't think they had truffles up in Scotland ?...Or is is this a botanical term ?

11:29 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Italian Alba...

8:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home