Friday, September 21, 2007

Dogs' tales

I met the charming Eurodog outside a chocolate shop in La Grande Place in Brussels a couple of weeks ago. She is delightful and told me many interesting tales, including the disasters of Belgian politics and that of a dog which drinks champagne every morning and tea every afternoon. Regarding Belgium, she thinks the country will split but, in my view, the European Parliament's there anyway so why does Belgium need its own government? Yesterday, I lunched with the new bride, my Californian friend Carter who told me that Peggy Guggenheim used to feed her dogs foie gras and wondered why they died so young. When a vet suggested the reason, she took that out of the diet and they lived for 15 years.

5 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Our dog loves Camembert - not cheese, just Camembert

12:05 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Thank you, WW, for your kind words about me.
Out of respect for you, I shall not discuss the point you made about Belgium. Belgian politics are extremely complex.
I will check out Peggy Guggenheim. Sounds fascinating.
Toutes mes amitiƩs,
ED

6:50 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

I have passed the Awesome Dude Blogger award on to you. Just for a bit of fun.

9:34 am  
Blogger lady macleod said...

Vet and political advice, what a post! We'll just leave the EU to you shall we? I am amazed at the things people feed their pets! The foie gras goes into my tales..

6:40 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

KL - how did you discover that? Did he pick it out from your cheese board?

ED - merci for the Dude award and apologies for my tongue in cheek comment about Belgium.

LM - good to see you. I've been reading your blog but haven't left any comments recently. Those baths sound fabulous.

7:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home