Thursday, December 27, 2007

Peace

One good thing about working between Christmas and New Year is that public transport is deserted and hardly anybody's in the office. Anyway, it's a good chance to catch up on my favourite blogs. Thank you for all your comments while I was away: they really made me laugh when I was loafing around in ghastly airport lounges and Australian internet cafes. I had such fun catching up with old friends in San Francisco and then there was the Christmas sprint on my return which involved procuring one of the last Christmas trees in Winchester, decking the house with holly and ivy, collecting the goose, salmon and berry trifle which I'd pre-ordered from M&S, doing a mad last minute shop on Christmas Eve when the HMV queue was all way around the shop, wrapping many presents whilst listening to the King's College, Cambridge carol service on Radio 4, baking a ham, going to midnight mass, making cooked breakfast, going to listen to the Bishop preach on Christmas morning (he's off to Burma in February to inaugurate the new Archbishop there), cooking the goose, microwaving the Christmas pudding, putting my feet up and then having people over on Boxing Day and discovering that a mouse had got to the salmon (which was sitting in the outside shed) first and had gnawed its way through the cardboard box and cling film and taken rather a large bite!

3 Comments:

Blogger Eurodog said...

Welcome back, WW.
Christmas is such a hectic time, I find. Not just for me it seems. Glad you had time to put your feet up. I did not quite get round to it.

4:37 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Sorry forgot to say: your post is entitled peace. Will there ever be peace, I wonder having just heard the news about Pakistan?

4:39 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

You've reminded me of everything I miss about Xmas in Britain, WW! Great post.

9:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home