Thursday, April 10, 2008

Botox in a bottle

A quick report from the land of the erstwhile consumer where sentiment, like the dollar, is in the doldrums. Although not advertised in the windows, there are quite a few sales on within the shops and I managed to find a Diane von Furstenberg suit for under £100. One thing I have noticed in my brief (honestly!) retail research is that a few department stores are promoting a face cream called Freeze 24.7 which they claim "diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles within minutes of application." The shop assistant persuaded me to try some around one eye and it did seem to do the trick. The only problem with this skin improving scam is that the better one part looks, the worse the rest seems to be. Let's not get into the debate about the merits of liposuction in St Lucia versus tummy tucks in Trinidad.

11 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Ah WW, I can't believe you need any of these things.

9:54 am  
Blogger marymaryquitecontrary said...

Happy shopping. Both of my daughters were wearing Diane Von Furstenberg dresses to their brothers wedding. Both very different. There is an outlet shop in New York; when my daughter visited last winter she bought two dresses costing much less that the wedding one did.

10:57 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgive me, but I am reminded of a classic Steve Bell cartoon on this theme.

Ronald Reagan is speaking to the crowd. "Folks ask me how I manage to stay so young looking. "

"My Paw used to say to me 'Son, why don't you go shove your head up a horse's ass'"

"It has never failed me yet, folks!"

Well, it was so absurd I just had to laugh...

7:33 pm  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Or cosmetic dentistry in Hungary for that matter.......

7:22 am  
Blogger Broken Bloke said...

Goodness! Did you spend the rest of the day with one youthful eye and one slightly more experianced?

4:38 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Too kind, KL
What about your golden outfit, Marina: was it well received?
Thank you for that, Anon.
Is that worth investigating, ED?
Greetings WM, do I have to ask permission to read your blog?

8:04 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

WW, no.
Too close to organ dealing mafia.

11:41 am  
Blogger Broken Bloke said...

Your welcome to WW but do not hold great expectations!

6:18 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

I would love a bargain suit like that, I bet you look stunning in it.
And I agree with KL about the face freeze.

7:25 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, I want the suit but I also need lots of that cream , WW! [Sorry I've been absent a while, but have been unwell, and, as my boss has a thing about age, didn't want to mention this on my blog!]

11:12 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Hi WL - sorry you haven't been well. I assume the wet weather didn't agree with you and hope you're feeling better now that the sun's reappeared.

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home