Friday, May 02, 2008

Victory

I have been busy electioneering and am delighted that the Conservative candidate in our St Michael ward, Robert Sanders, was elected last night in place of the LibDems, giving us a hat trick of Conservative councillors. Talking of hats, I have to take mine off to the incumbent councillors, Fiona Mather and Ian Tait whose good work has ensured them a loyal band of supporters and who were assiduous in assisting Robert's campaign. The only disappointment was that the bar at the Guildhall had closed by the time the result was announced so the champagne remains on ice.

6 Comments:

Blogger Broken Bloke said...

Whilst I am loathed to link local elections to national elections I cannot see how nationally, Labour can recover from this. No doubt on the strange planet Gordon Brown inhabits he will clunk his iron fist up and down a few times and pretend there is no crisis.

9:08 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

I wonder whether Blair's laughing or crying.

1:04 pm  
Blogger Broken Bloke said...

I did have this thought at lunchtime watching Brown on the TV. Brown must now feel like he took ownership of what appeared to be a decent car but it turns out it had been run into the ground by its previous owner and is likely to fail its MoT!

Hence Blair is probably laughing.

3:15 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

A pity the bar was closed!

10:03 pm  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

That's great news for you, and I am delighted for Robert Sanders. Is champagne the only alcohol you drink?

7:25 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

I wouldn't go that far, Ellee: it would be a dull life without claret, burgundy, sauvignan blanc and a few cheering Pimms in the summer. Nevertheless, I am looking forward to a glass or two of champagne when we next meet. Hope all's well. I've very busy at work this week so apologise for not having read your blog recently. You must be pleased about Boris.

7:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home