Wednesday, September 03, 2008

What's in a name?

I had a meeting yesterday with an American company and the host broker gave this introduction, "Welcome everybody and thank you for coming. Let me hand you over to Randy, the Chief Executive, who will run through the presentation." The CEO did not look pleased. He explained, "Actually, my name is Randall over here. I was in the navy and once visited a pub in Portsmouth where the sailors told me the British meaning of Randy, so please call me Randall."

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Where's his humour? He should have a stock response to spark a laugh as part of his opening speech. Maybe he was funny in the way he said it.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

You're probably right Ellee

9:35 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Poor guy!

8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home