Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Force majeure

Emotions are running high in this recession. A subsidiary of the main electricity company in Malaysia, Tenaga Nasional Bhd, was having a meeting last week with one of the Malaysian independent power producers (IPPs) to agree the purchase price of the power which Tenaga was going to buy. Present at the negotiation table were 14 people, including Tenaga officers, representatives from the IPP and the Tenaga subsidiary, as well as lawyers and an official from the Malaysian Energy, Water and Communications Ministry. Negotiations were tough, and one of the Ministry officials told the IPP representatives not to twist their arms. The team leader of the IPP's team replied, "arm twisting is nothing", then took out his pistol and brandished it in front of them.

4 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

That's what I like - machismo. No namby pamby nonsense like " I see where you're coming from" ( = I disagree) " With respect" ( = I disagree) " I take your point" ( = I disagree) " I don't want to make this an issue" ( = I disagree) which we have here. IT'S NO!NEVER! Nada!Niente!Non! Nein!Nou(Romanian)

11:33 am  
Blogger kinglear said...

PS I hope he let off a few rounds to get his way...

11:33 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

What a shock that must have been.

2:24 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Goodness me! Almost as bad as the Italian Parliament.

10:54 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home