Friday, July 10, 2009

Friday afternoon chukka


Our office is off for an outing to the England vs USA beach polo match at Sandbanks this afternoon so the female contingent is resplendent in flowery dresses, flipflops and hats. Let's hope the English captain, Chris Hyde, has every success and that we see Jodie Kidd. I'm not sure if I'll have the stamina to stay for the beach party later. It's been rather a party week. At one of them, the hostess made a speech saying, "Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional," and she stepped off the stage where an Abba-esque band called The Fabbagirls had been playing, and she tripped and fell flat on her face! That's rather how I'm feeling this morning: distinctly jaded.

4 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

Many years ago, my aunt skinned her knee. She was delighted when her daughter was asked " Is she your older sister?"
Unfortunately, falling down is both a children thing and an elderly thing. In fact, there is eveidence that when you get older and start to fall over, that is the beginning of the end.But I'm sure a glass or two wil revive you....

9:42 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, dear, WW. I hope that donning a flowery dress cheers you up!

10:13 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

One glass of champagne, KL - I was driving, sadly!

Hi WL - it was a typical day at the English seaside, cups of tea in the drizzle. I was glad to be wearing a hat!

7:58 am  
Blogger Ellee Seymour said...

Nothing beats growing old disgracefully....

7:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home