Monday, August 24, 2009

Bournemouth Air Show


Being at the seaside removes many stresses of working life. I worked in London for many years and first had the twice daily struggle with the sweaty tube. I was later given a space in the office car park which meant that the journey in was fine for my 7am start but the journey home could take an age, particularly when Chelsea was playing at home. Eventually I found the perfect commute: a walk across Hyde Park which was all the more spectacular for the occasional early morning exercises of the Household Cavalry. The job, however, was not perfect and so I moved out of London and joined my old boss who'd set up in Bournemouth so I now enjoy a daily drive through the New Forest and can go to the beach at lunchtime to blow my cares away. Then, of course, there's the annual Bournemouth Air Show. To see the Red Arrows painting red, white and blue pictures over the sea, to be thrilled by the roar of the engines and to see them upside-down in corkscrew manoeuvres just about compensates for the glitter of the cavalry in the early morning sunshine.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mopsa said...

What is it about that ozone? I don't know but it definitley works.

4:14 pm  
Blogger kinglear said...

Have you ever seen the leader of the Patrouille de France interviewed? Whereas the leader of the Red Arrows tends to say " Yeah, well, um, its um, its really good and um we practice a lot.", the Frenchman starts off with " La Patrouille de France is an expresssion of all French life, of its culture, its essence, its France profonde, it's intellect.. " You get the picture.

5:17 pm  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

That must be a magnificent sight.

11:11 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Hi Mopsa - my grandmother used to say, "Breathe in the ozone!"

I haven't seen him, KL, but I suive ton drift.

Certe, WL!

7:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home