Thursday, August 06, 2009

Omens of the day


I was walking along Bournemouth High Street yesterday when I noticed a large (sadly fake) pearl on the pavement. Mindful of pearls and swine, I picked it up, sure that it was a lucky omen. Back in the office, my colleague told me that he'd returned to his car after shopping and found the whole of the back window covered with flying ants. Apparently the south of England is plagued with them at the moment. I don't suppose Gordon Brown had a good day yesterday, seeing all those photos of Putin flexing his muscles. I'm looking forward to seeing a snapshot of GB diving into Lake Windermere.

7 Comments:

Blogger Minnie said...

Hm. May your find bring you luck, WW.
That Vermeer painting now looks suspiciously like a photoshopped cover shot, all glossed invitation - which somehow seems a shame.
Never sure what to make of Putin. Don't have the same problem with Pa Broon, alas ...!

9:17 am  
Blogger kinglear said...

I recently picked up a whole purse, complete with cash and cards. The owner ( who I was able to phone) hasn't even bothered to pick it up.

7:57 pm  
Blogger Mopsa said...

Those Putin shots had me in fits of laughter - the man thinks he's a cross between Clint Eastwood and Superman - or would like us to think so.

3:51 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Thank you, Phildelm - sorry not to do better justice to the Vermeer.

You are a good citizen, KL. I'm sure the man will buy you a drink at the very least.

Yes, Mopsa - what an ego!

8:28 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, better a fake pearl than a flying ant!

9:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If anyone sees GB getting his kit off, please let me know so I can leg it in the opposite direction with as much haste as my dodgy knee and broken toe will allow!
Liz

12:55 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Hi Liz - sorry to hear you've broken your toe

8:11 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home