Friday, March 12, 2010

Your inflexible friend


Having experienced problems with using my credit card overseas, I phoned Visa to tell them the dates I'd be in Sri Lanka. There were no problems with my card and they even sent me a text message wishing me a happy holiday.
My colleague has just returned from a business trip in New York. His corporate HSBC Visa card was refused at his hotel and he had to spend 20 minutes speaking to HSBC to prove his identity. All was ok. The following day he was taking a client out for dinner and presented the card to pay the bill. It was declined again...

4 Comments:

Blogger kinglear said...

It happens often, especially in America. They have the most advanced anti-theft and the moment something appears out of context - WHAM!
But you know, I'm a very old fashioned chap. I only deal in cash, so I never have a problem anywhere - and I take a few gold sovereigns for luck, just in case...

10:32 am  
Blogger lady macleod said...

It really is like they plan it eh? I used to travel so much, that my card was only suspicious if I was in the U.S. where it was issued!

5:52 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

KL - you are the King of cash

Hi LM - that rather confirms KL's thoughts

8:57 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

It's so embarrassing when that happens.

11:19 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home