Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Poem of the day


O my Love's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June:
O my Love's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.

As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in love am I;
And I will love thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.

Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun;
And I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run.

And fare-thee-weel, my only Love!
And fare-thee-weel, a while!
And I will come again, my Love,
Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!

Robert Burns

3 Comments:

Anonymous Portinari said...

Hi WW,
Thinking of poetry which clearly you too enjoy, I hope that you have or have read Field Marshal Lord Wavell's anthology. It is called 'Other Mens' Flowers'. It has and continues to travel everywhere with me. His criterion for selection was that at one time or another he had committed each poem to memory.

9:16 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Greetings Portinari! I have not read that book - I'll put it on my list.

8:38 am  
Blogger Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Unbeatable.

11:04 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home