Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Jokes of the day

Two 90 year old men, Dai and Emrys, have been best friends all their lives. When it’s clear that Emrys is dying, Dai visits him every day and says, “Emrys, we both loved rugby for so many years and played every Saturday. Please do me a favour when you get to heaven and somehow let me know if there’s any rugby up there.” Emrys looks up at Dai from his deathbed and says, “Dai, you’ve been my best friend all these years, if it’s at all possible, I’ll do this favour for you.” Shortly afterwards, Emrys passes away. At midnight a couple of days later, Dai is awoken by a flash of light and somebody calling, “Dai, Dai!” “Who is it?” asks Dai, sitting up in bed with a jolt. “Who is it?” “Dai, it’s me, Emrys!” “You’re not Emrys! Emrys just died.” “I’m telling you, it’s me, Emrys! ” the voice insisted. “Emrys! Where are you?” “In heaven,” replied Emrys, “and I have some really good news and a bit of bad news.” “Tell me the good news first,” says Dai. “The good news is there’s rugby in heaven!” said Emrys. “And all our friends who died before us are playing and, even better, we’re all young and it’s always springtime and it never rains or snows. Best of all, we can play rugby all we want and we never get tired.” “That’s fantastic!” said Dai, “It’s beyond my wildest dreams! So what’s the bad news?” “You’re in the team for Tuesday.” Merkozy is dead. Welcome to Merde (Today's FT)

4 Comments:

Blogger Eurodog said...

Reminds me of the title to one of Mel Brook's films: "Dead and loving it."

7:56 am  
Blogger kinglear said...

A new generation of French has had time to forget what happened the last time there was a socilaist in power. Just like bankers forget that their actions precipitate the last and next crash

11:55 am  
Anonymous Portinari said...

Welcome home and who said that you could desert your whispering post? I was getting a bit tired of the carrot head. Ah but Merkozy is only half dead. Is it to be Merkllande? Lots of it from your old friend Portinari.

9:36 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

Greetings all and apologies for my recent absence

10:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home