Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Gravadlax


My Scottish friend assures me that this is an excellent recipe for gravadlax:

Take two sides of salmon. Use as much whisky as is needed to cover them and mix it with 4 tablespoons of sugar, a dash of lemon and a generous sprinkling of crushed juniper berries. Stir well and pour over the salmon. Leave it for three days, turning frequently.
Wash the fish down with water and then coat it with a mixture of mustard, honey and dill. Leave for two days before serving.

I'm going to try it for Christmas Eve.

4 Comments:

Anonymous kinglear said...

I have had this - but I believe the last two days it was buried underground. No idea of details, I was just told it had been dug up " that morning"

11:00 am  
Blogger Eurodog said...

Sounds good.

5:33 pm  
Anonymous MacPortinari said...

What only ONE Scottish friend! Pull the other one, it's got haggis on it!

1:18 pm  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

LOL MacP

5:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home