Wednesday, May 21, 2014

On ice


My friend related this anecdote to an Austrian acquaintance:
"My mate had just moved to France and I was testing his vocabulary so I said to him, 'Il y a un epervier dans le refrigerateur. Do you know what an epervier is?" He did not so I told him, 'It's a sparrowhawk!'"
The Austrian replied:
"You remind me of an incident from my youth. My parents were away and my grandfather died. I did not know what to do and so I put his body in the freezer until they returned."

3 Comments:

Anonymous kinglear said...

I'm sure Elf'nSafety would have something to say about that.....

7:46 am  
Blogger Whispering Walls said...

LOL KL (not sure what the German is for H&S)

7:49 am  
Blogger janerowena said...

Enterprising, I would call it.

5:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home